If you’re alone on Valentine’s Day then this letter is for you.
I’m here to give you something more than a pep talk, because I don’t think an inspirational message will fill the empty seat beside you. I don’t have quotes from studies to prove to you that you aren’t the only person on the planet without a wedding ring. And I’m not writing to “encourage” you with a reminder that there are countless numbers of single people in the world. After all, if you’ve been single for very long, it can seem like all of the decent single people have vanished.
I will not suggest that you think about those less fortunate than yourself…You are not getting guilted into accepting your singleness. At least, not by me.
I’ve thought of you all week and this is what I want you to know. Okay, so, it’s technically impossible to know each of you by name. But in the more general sense, you have been on mind. because I’ve been concerned about how you’re doing today.
Valentine’s Day is around the corner, the day of love, and for some of you its been a tough one. I’m not going to remind you to shift your thinking from what’s missing in your life to what you do have. Changing your thoughts, by the way, to something more positive can help, but I have another suggestion, a better suggestion…and it might be something you’ve never considered.
It’s the practice of being more aware of the Lord in your life, because He can do what kind and encouraging words are incapable of doing. He’s your Savior and Lord, and He can also be your friend.
- If a room in your home feels empty, invite the Lord to to fill it with His Presence.
- When need is greater than supply, invite the Lord to provide for you as a devoted spouse provides for the dearly loved.
- On those days when you long for companionship, invite the Lord to be beside you.
- When it’s difficult to make a decision alone, invite the Lord to be your wisdom.
- On this Valentine’s Day, invite the Lord to make His love known to you.
And remember, you are greatly loved: John 3:16 & 1 John 3:1
Happy Valentine’s Day,