If I could tell you how to change your life and you actually put into practice my instructions and they actually worked, you would probably think that I’m a genius. But I can’t take any credit for the life changing instructions in this article because they’re found in the New Testament.
God is the supreme genius and I’m merely the sharer of His principles. It’s my hope that you will put them to good use and it’s my prayer that your life will be wonderfully transformed.
Transformation begins with our minds and our hearts. To live the amazing life that our Heavenly Father has for us, habits of thinking and patterns of belief must be brought under the headlamp of God’s Word.
To fulfill our God designed purpose, fear based thinking must be replaced with a way of thinking that encourages our own hearts and motivates our own minds. Too often, the inward self critic and the mind’s anti-risk mode uses fear to dissuade us away from the steps that lead us into what we’re here on this planet for.
To be more like Christ, our own ideas about who we are and what we’re capable of achieving must line up with who God says that we are and with what He says about the victory that He provided for us through His Son.
If it’s difficult for you to approach life optimistically or if you experience frequent fear or condemning thoughts, you’re not the only one. These things seems to be typical human responses to living in a less than perfect world.
In Romans 12:2, we’re told to be transformed by renewing our minds. This passage refers to building into your mind the truths and principles found in New Testament teaching; doing so transforms you.
Do you know that when you change the way you think, you actually begin changing your life? This is because we walk out what we believe. We think and then we do. We think, we speak what’s in our hearts, and sometimes we find that what we speak comes into being.
For several reasons, it’s important for us to believe, think and speak in line with what God has revealed in New Testament teaching about who He is, what Jesus has accomplished, who we are, what He’s given us, what He provides, and what awaits us in the future. This isn’t always easy to do, but it’s much more achievable for the person who has renewed his or her mind with God’s Word.
Instructions for changing your life, one thought at a time.
I’ve included in this article a tool that I believe is a great tool for personal transformation, especially for anyone who needs a little help with any one or more of the following issues: overcoming fear, anxiety, worry, dread, or feeling unworthy of God’s love, or feeling ashamed, insignificant, or rejected.
The daily pledge list and decrees included in this article can have truly amazing results. To get the full benefits requires a little effort, but it isn’t difficult.
There are eight daily pledges and ten decrees. You might want to copy the pledge and decree list and post it in a place where you’re likely to see it during the day.
For best results, read the eight daily pledges and speak aloud the 10 decrees one or more times daily for 30 days. Doing so will produce amazing results. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself happier and more optimistic, accomplishing better results, walking more in tune with your purpose and in closer fellowship with the Lord.
Focusing on negative circumstances doesn’t help. Worrying about the past or the future is harmful for your God-created purpose and for your health. Renew your mind to have a more hopeful and optimistic perspective on life.
If there’s something weighing on your heart today, tell the Lord what it is and ask for His help in the situation. Thank Him for the answer before you receive it.
Read the following eight bulleted items one or more times a day.
- Today I won’t allow worry to fill my thoughts. I cast all my care on the Lord, for He cares for me, 1 Peter 5:7.
- Today I will expect good things to happen. After all, God is causing all things to work together for my good, because I love Him, Romans 8:28-29.
- Today I won’t expect failure. I will look to the Lord for success by committing my plans to Him, Philippians 4:13.
- Today I won’t allow a self critical thought to take up space in my mind. After all, I’m told in 1 John 3:1 to think about how great God’s love is for me.
- Today I won’t worry about getting sick. I take for myself the New Covenant blessing of redemption from sin and disease through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Today I won’t scrutinize how my voice sounds. I won’t negatively assess my physical features. I won’t worry what others think about me. I’m the dearly beloved of the Father and He created me in His likeness and image. I’m a blessing to others, 1 John 4:7; Genesis 1:27-28
- Today I expect favor on my life. I am chosen. I’m not rejected, Isaiah 41:9
- Today I will show love and receive love, 1 John 4:7-10
Speak aloud the following ten statements one or more times a day for 30 days. Decree a thing and it shall be established, Job 22:28.
- I can accomplish things that seem hard for me through Christ Jesus, Romans 8:17
- I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, Ephesians 3:16
- I am loved by God. He is my Father. I am a child of God. John 3:16, 1 John 3:1
- I am favored by God, Galatians 4:7
- I am the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:21
- I am victorious through Christ Jesus, 2 Corinthians 2:14
- I do not worry. I am not anxious. God’s meeting my every need and His peace is in my heart and mind, Matthew 6:25-31; Philippians 4:6
- I walk in love because I am loved, Ephesians 5:1-2; 1 John 4:7-10
- I am a blessing to others, Galatians 5:13
- I am safe because God protects me, Psalm 121:7; 2 Timothy 4:18